The People Kept Sinning (Judges 2)
After God’s people sinned, the judges helped God’s people obey God again. But the judges could not change the people’s hearts and make them love God. God had a plan. He sent His Son, Jesus, to change His people’s hearts and save them from sin forever.
Family Discussion Starters:
• What is one thing you remember from this week’s Bible story?
• Who did God send to help His people when they cried out to Him?
• Why do you think God’s people kept worshiping their neighbors’ false gods over and over again even after God sent a judge to help them?
• Who can save us from sin and change our hearts to want to obey God?
• As a family, study a cycle, such as the water cycle, the life cycle of a butterfly, or recycling. Emphasize the repetitive nature of the cycle. Talk about the Judges cycle: God’s people worshiped their neighbors’ false gods; God let other kings rule over them and life was hard; the people cried out to God; God sent a judge to rescue His people; when the judge died, the people disobeyed God again.
• Point your kids to Jesus as you discipline them this week. Talk about how only Jesus can change our hearts to want to obey God.